Monday, July 26, 2010

Takbo.ph Runfest

It was my most awaited event since I discovered running 3 months ago. Originally I didn't want anyone to know that I joined this event. Why? Because I wanted to meet new friends; I am not sure if my original running buds from office would still run by this time; I wanted to experience discover new things on my own. I kept it a secret. One day some of my friends were asking if I already registered or interested to join Runfest. I kept mum about it until the time they have already registered. Gone are my plans of keeping it a secret.

Race day came. Met Adel and Deng in BHS around 4:55 AM. Met aNR Alabang at B5 parking lot and of course took some pictures c/o Jojo. :D We took a lot, and I mean a lot of pictures. Alabangers wouldn't be Alabangers without pictures.


Some of us wanted to do sub-30 for 5K, some sub 1 hour for 10K, some just wanted to have fun and wouldn't mind not having a PR at all. It's a "fun run" anyway, to celebrate running.

Gunstart and off we go! The weather was not favorable for me. It was cold and windy. Can't breathe well with such weather and I get easily tired. I run better on a windy and somewhat warm air. So I opted to run-walk and did an easy pace until I can do a sprint near the finish line. Timed at 32:57 mins for a 5K; didn't PR as expected. I was seconds slower than my last 5K PR (32 and something seconds).

A few days before the race, some of my long-time FB running friends (whom I haven't met) contacted me and we planned of meeting after. I met Amor - only Amor from the number of FB peeps. We chatted and watched aNR Alabang as they danced for the program. We weren't able to take a picture on our first meeting. We'll meet again in Rexona, August 1. I was surprised as one familiar face was approaching me amongst the crowd. It was TR (Titanium Runner)! Somehow I was surprised to see him (hmmm...on a second thought, why should I be surprised? He should be part of this event). We talked about my plans in running, when would be my next run, my next kilometer, my first 42K. I mentioned to him that I wanted to to Dream Marathon. As he previously said to me on DailyMile, he's willing to pace me on my first Marathon and that he also invited me to run every Wednesday in BHS with him. :D (Tama ba Sir TR? O mali lang ako ng intindi? hehe) He took a picture of us together using his camera. I just wish he posts it soon (if he intends to). Met the Powerpuff boys and all other groups including other ANR groups.

Right after the run

The ANR Alabanger Dancers

Group Picture - great people!

With Argo



Team Logan (and Beep Beep lying on the ground)

After the event, we had brunch at McDonald's McKinley Hills. There we met Athan from ANR Tiendesitas (Tama ba?). It was like a feast in McDo. We were like 15-30 pax.


Here's my overall view of the race:

Time start:
Wasn't able to monitor as we were busy taking pictures. But nevertheless I believe it started on time. There were warmups, prayer, national anthem(?). I give this a thumbs up.
Hydration:
Two thumbs up! It was the most hydrated race I've ever been to. Didn't ran out of cups with water and energy drink on the tables and had one bottle each of water and energy drink at the end of the finish line. Goodbye thirst!
Results: Two thumbs up! No timing chip, no RFID, they used bar codes and yet results were posted a day after the race and take note it was accurate!
Misc: Two thumbs up! Personalized singlet, race bib with our names on it, banderitas with our names on it, fair loot bags, so many marshals, great program with great hosts, there was a band a few meters after/before the starting and finish line, great people! Race fee was definitely affordable and worth it.

I think I'm exaggerating my review about the Runfest. But this, so far, was the best event I've gone to. KUDOS and Happy Anniversary to Takbo.ph!

Thank you for the pictures Greentennial Run, Carlo Serrano, Alex, Jojo, Chacha, and to all who have contributed to all the pics above and some hundreds more. To all my friends in ANR Alabang, you guys rock!

See you at the races!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rain. My first on your blog. Nice read! Special mention pala ako dito hehe... I do aNR Ortigas though :D

    ReplyDelete