Sunday, July 4, 2010

The 34th Milo Marathon

I'm so thankful to be part of the most prestigious Milo Marathon 2010! Initially I only wanted to become a member of the support crew for aNR - Alabang and just wanted to get a singlet so I decided to register for 5K. But after being convinced, I finally decided to run and later go to the support station.

Slept 1AM the night before the race (was it because of excitement? Perhaps!). Woke up at 3:15 AM. Met Deng and Adel around 4:30 AM. Went to Manila Yacht Club, aNR - Alabang's Station 1 super support crew. Left our stuff for support supplies and off we went to the starting line.

It was so crowded. The host mentioned that there were 21,000 participants for the 5K category. WOW! That's a lot.On gun start, we were stuck in the starting line for about 6 mins (or more). When we finally got enough space to run, we were surrounded with teenagers/kids who were just walking in big groups. They were chatting and taking pictures. I had to shout "excuse me" or "give way" just to break them. It's not their fault though. Perhaps they were not briefed on rules when you're on the route.Water station: I had a hard time getting one since these kids were crowding the table. Thank god after the U turn, a bottled water was being distributed so I grabbed one and brought it with me throughout the rest of the route. Heard somebody cheering for me. Wasn't really sure who cheered. Hehe. Thank you very much if ever you're reading my blog, I didn't pay much attention of who was cheering for me, my goal then was just to finish the race and I was catching up on my pace. My apologies. But I'm sure I was able to give my thumbs up, a nod, or said "uy" as a gesture of thanks.

Finished the race at 34:47 mins. Wasn't able to PR, but heard the route was a kilometer longer. If that's the case, then I made another PR. And for that, it meant was able to do a sub 30 for my 5K?! Hehehe. Not final though.After the run, we had to go back at the 2.5-km mark to support marathoners. That's a different story. I also had fun and the fulfillment of encouraging marathoners run and finish the race is PRICELESS. The smile on their faces whenever we give them water cups, sponge, water guns, eggs, jelly ace, liniments etc., those were enough to make us feel fulfilled in what we do.We ate lunch and celebrated for all the accomplishments and achievements for the day. KUDOS to aNR Alabang and to all runners! We did well!Will post pictures once they're available. :D For now. these are what I have:

This is how the starting line looks like

While waiting for Deng a few meters from the Finish Line, I saw my friend way back High School, Harold. His sister is a 10-K participant.

Team Logan : I just finished my 5K race and decided to go to our support station when I saw Team Logan passing! Go Team Logan!

The Super Support Crew in action!

The aNR - Alabang Super Support Crew


See you on the next race!

No comments:

Post a Comment