Sunday, July 11, 2010

Run4Life - My first 10K

Was excited and at the same time nervous for my first 10K run. A month ago, I decided to join my first 10K with Run4Life. But after running in Filinvest twice with aNR, it gave me second thoughts. But I have no choice. I already registered for the event.

Race day came and I arrived in Alabang around 4:30 AM. This is the first time that I'll be running without my running buddies. So I contacted some aNR peeps who might also be running on the same race. Met them there and Dave, Precious' co-worker.
It was cold. I can feel the cool breeze while I was warming up and during the first 10 mins of the run. It wasn't my thing running in cold weather. So I was praying to let the sun shine. When I already felt the sun's heat, I got more excited and ran. My legs felt well. Full 3 days leg rest and having enough sleep did it.

Since it was my first 10K race, I'm thinking of what to expect during the race. I did a couple of 5's and all felt the same. Now I'm doing 10, how is it different? The uphill route really made my legs and quads real heavy but I had to overcome it. I followed 6-7 mins run and 1 min walk. That way I still have time to rest or walk that is. I even had to wet my nape and my arms because I feel heat being released by my body (like steam). My second wind came as I approached the last 2Kms. Felt my legs aren't tired anymore and they're light. So I kept on my pace reserving my energy for the sprint towards the finish line. On my last kilometer, I sprinted and really felt great seeing myself crossing the finish line still strong and can still run farther and further.

I really enjoyed the run and can't wait to run my next 10's and moving to 15s or 21s.
I also had my first and official picture with the Takbo.ph banner. Been waiting for this moment. Crazy!
I think this is a well-organized run. The target number of runners were enough. It did not made booths too crowded, except of course for the photo booth. Too bad I didn't win the Blackberry phone that was raffled. Baggage counter was well organized. So many free drinks around. Hydration was great on the route. You have a choice of Pocari and/or water. Loot bag, fair. What the heck, the run was for a cause and that's why I run, to help.

Finished a decent 1 hour and 5 mins! Of course a PR cause it's my first. Hehehe!

Booth picture:More pics here: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/album.php?aid=185346&id=535779572

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your first 10K rain!

    Thank you for supporting Lifeline's run4life, your run will come a long way in achieving Lifeline's charity endeavors.

    See you on the next run4life event! Run4Life might have a 21k? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Why not? At least we can encourage more runners participate in different categories. Who knows, next year I might be joining your 21K already. ;)

    Congratulations to Lifeline for having a successful running event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you did great bro. wish i did join but had a bad twist in my left ankle friday was scared to go race mode. but you did great amore races to come !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patrick, thanks! I look forward to more races. Joining races give a different feel compared to just running on a daily basis. There is this feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction when you cross the finish line. :D

    Hope your left ankle is doing fine now sir.

    See you around!

    ReplyDelete