Thursday, June 24, 2010

Something That I Really Need to Quit Because of Running


SMOKING
Yes, smoking has been a part of my life for the past 7 years. Been smoking since I started working and was really hard to remove from my system especially if I'm surrounded with 'smokers.'

I really wanted to bring myself doing a marathon in the near future and that would not happen if I keep on smoking (that is my idea). By July 2010, I will do a 10K run and I think it's about time that I quit smoking and live up to the idea of clean and healthy living.

Didn't light a stick since June 20, 2010 (watch out of the date guys) and that will earmark the day I quit smoking for the love of running (and of course to myself). I just have to use running to motivate me and that smoking wouldn't do any good for any "Running Enthusiast" like me.

See you at the races!

5 comments:

  1. It wouldn't be easy for you but the courage to start quitting made you a sure winner. with the "you can" attitude, I'm seeing a good 10K finish and a marathon soon. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the very encouraging comment Ms. Running Diva. :D I think I saw you last night after BR's running clinic at ROX. :D

    Yes I can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your cold turkey. There will be days that you don’t want to smoke but there will be days that your craving will go crazy.
    On days you just need a smoke try to divert yourself to avoid it totally. To be honest i do smoke maybe 1 or 2 cigarette a day but sometimes
    Not at all for days , weeks etc. What i believe is everything in moderation but don’t follow my philosophy :-). Stick to your plan cause at the end of the day you are the winner .
    Raul Patrick Concepcion
    http://runningshield.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much sir Patrick! I will try my best to avoid smoking. 5 days have passed and I still don't feel the urge to smoke.

    hope to meet you someday, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharing is a great way to reinforce a decision. Congrats for taking the first step!

    ReplyDelete