Sunday, June 6, 2010

End Hunger: Walk The World 2010

I really didn't want to join this run for certain reasons:

1. Feels like it is not an organized event (for running) because
2. It's more into walking (as the title says "WALK")
3. Was not able to train; it was a week after the Nature Valley Run
4. Overall, I'm lazy :D

It was a Friday when I really decided not to go. I was even thinking of alibis like, I've got to do something, emergency, wasn't able to wake up, etc. But Saturday came and I was still having second thoughts of turning it down. Until my bestfriend, Van (and another running FB friend), sent me a message telling me to attend the run since it's for a good cause. So, okay, finally decided at 7PM to join.

Woke up at 3AM, prepared my stuff. Went to our meeting place and should be there at 4:45 AM. From the meeting place, we went to BHS. Got our stuff checked in. I was not wearing the shirt they gave since it's made of thick cotton cloth and should it get wet, it's really gonna feel heavy. Wore my NB singlet instead, with a touch of orange not to be far from the theme of the shirt. :)

The race started late. It says it should be 6AM but from my watch it started 6:15 AM.

And so it started. I was not really looking forward of meeting a Personal Best since I already I'm out of shape for the event. But when the run started, I just felt my legs were very light as if I'm flying while running. So I just enjoyed and then all of a sudden I realized, I haven't seen any KM markers yet (I've seen the markers scattered near the starting line before the race). When I checked my watch, I've already spent like almost 3K running. Then all of a sudden I already felt my muscles getting tired. They've got limited water (Pocari) stations. I just knew it was the last leg when they already gave the ribbons.

When I reached the Finish line and checked my watch for the amount of time spent, I realized I finished the race a bit faster (00:34:48) than the Nature Valley Run (00:36:05). Another PR for me!!! :)

Regardless if the event was not that organized, I still enjoyed it. My friend told me the running bug bit me so I feel happy everytime I attend and finish one. Which is very true. Never finished a run that made me sad or something. It's always a sense of fulfillment and excitement. I feel very happy that it supercedes the feeling of being tired. :)
I'm also glad to share and celebrate for two of my running mates who did their first 5K, Joanne and Dolly. :D Congratulations girls!

Here are some pictures:
Joanne, Patricia Hizon, Vince Hizon, me
Joanne, me, Precious, and Dolly
KC Concepcion with kids

Me
At the Finish line

See you at the races!

No comments:

Post a Comment