Tuesday, June 8, 2010

aNR Alabang

Finally met the group last night. We (I'm with Adel) arrived late at the meeting place but still was able to attend the pre-run activty-stretching.

We were at a lost before the stretching activity. Because the group will be categorized according to Beginners, Intermediate and Advance levels. Definitely we are not part of the Advance. Overheard that if a new member already did 5K in running events, he/she should be in the Intermediate level. And so we did.

And so it started. We ran along well lit and dark paths. It was a nice run until I faced my greatest obstacle...the uphill. It really is my weakness. It slows me down and makes me feel really tired after. Seeing these guys enjoying the pace, I did so too. Tried catching up with them. I really don't have any idea of the kilometers. I just ran and kept myself as close as possible with the group until I got somewhat left behind. Met one member who also brought in a newbie on the group and was waiting for his partner to arrive. Since then, we ran together. When we reached the starting point, we just hydrated and ran the same route for the second time. Whew!!!!

On that second leg, I really got left behind. I was even thinking of going back and just wait for them because I'll be hurdling the uphills again. 'Pero nandun na ako, so bakit pa ako babalik.' I stayed on the path until I saw Ms. Nao and some of the members who were waiting for the "old" members to pass by. She called my name and introduced herself. After some small talks, I again ran until I reached the finish line. Where is Adel? That I really don't know. All I know is I went ahead of them and when I looked back, they were already out of sight. To my surprise, when I arrived at the starting point, they were there. Hmmmm...'bakit kaya?' Well I think they took a shortcut.

I was literally drenched again with sweat even Adel asked me, "nagbuhos ka ba ng water?" I said that it's sweat.

Ms. Nao introduced all the newbies of the group and I was surprised that some of them are familiar with my name. 'I know, ako ang pinakamasigasig sa Facebook mag-add ng runner, mag-comment, and mag-Like ng mga status nila.' At least 'nakilala na nila ako at nakita ko na sila in person.' Hehehehe.

Spent a total of 1hour running last night and felt really good. I'll come back for more aNR Alabang! I'll see you every Tuesday. Glad to be part of the group. Thank you to all who have been very accomodating (Journeying James-absent, Ms. Nao, Raymund, Alex, Sir Toel, Sir Ipe, Jerome...and to everyone; cant remember your names for now).

Some pics:




6 comments:

  1. good to know you enjoyed the group run. thanks for coming, im sorry im not there, im still recovering. maybe after 2weeks i return to anr alabang.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) how's your knee sir? Have you seen a doctor? pagaling ka agad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rainier. Nice post and a nice blog. Good luck to you in the upcoming 21K. If it's okay, could I add you to my blogroll please? Please feel free to add me. Thanks and hope to meet you in November! - Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi wayne. Sir, feel free to add me. you're most welcome! :D see you November!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Running with a group can be very rewarding. Thanks for sharing your experience. As far as uphills, I just did a run last week introducing hills, lots of them. The next few days, my rear end was sore. After that, my regular runs were awesome. Lesson? - Hill repeats. They will build confidence and strength. Look forward to reading more here. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kenley,

    Thanks for reading my blog. :D Yes, that's what I wanna do on my next training. i'm just worried that doing hill repeats would induce pain on my knees. but that can be resolved with VMO squats.

    ReplyDelete